Goals"Engage and make a Difference". This is PNAA President Rey Rivera's driving principle that will guide his leadership direction in the next two years.
By utilizing his four drivers of Engagement
- Membership engagement
- Practical Development
- Community Participation
- Financial and Operational Strength
We can make a difference today and everyday and leave PNAGKC another proud legacy. My dear colleagues, it is my honor and pride to present to you our collaborative visions for the year 2010-2012.
To advocate and promote activities that will unite Filipino nurses in the Greater Kansas City and achieve the Association's major goal which is to uphold the image of the Filipino nurses in the United states by providing professional and charitable services.
- Represent as Chapter President to the Philippine Nurses of America
- To provide and increase networking with other professional agencies in developing and implementing programs relevant to nursing practice through educational seminars and in- services.
- To expand and collaborate with other non -profit community and civic organizations such as but not limited to Philippine Medical Society, Filipino Association of Greater Kansas City, Filipino Cultural Center Foundation, Rotary Club International, Lions Club, Gawad Kalinga, Medical Mission Foundation, American Red Cross, Philippine Nurses Association (Philippines) ; by providing professional proficiency, manpower, resources and charitable services without compensation thru health fairs, free health clinics, flu shots, medical missions to impoverished areas and other community services.
- To make available free/low cost education to the public regarding health preservation and preventive care by providing appropriate information, resources and CPR/AED instructions.
- To continue providing scholarship to qualified and deserving nursing students in order to assist them complete their nursing education.
- To assist facilitate the professional and cultural adjustment of new Filipino nurses in Greater Kansas City area by coordinating relevant activities with other organizations and agencies.
- Continue to study, develop and execute research programs focusing on the health care needs of the Filipino- Americans in the Greater Kansas City area.
- To explore and implement activities that will inspire and augment new leadership as well as improve recruitment and retention of fully engaged members and supporters.
- Continue to participate in the mentoring program with focus on leadership succession and direct activities for a smooth handover.
- Organize various fund raising activities to support our goals and projects.
- Maintain tax exempt status of the Association.
Maria Vicky P. Herrera RN BSN
President PNAGKC 2010-2012